Wednesday, July 7, 2010

New House, New Bathroom

Okay, so it's really an old house (1983). How 1990 is this? Because that is probably the last time it had been updated. The lovely blue and purple flowered wallpaper is accentuated by gold tone shower doors and fixtures. Not in this picture is the gold metal strip vanity light with those big globe light bulbs, a penant light hanging from a chain, and the heater. And don't even get me started about the popcorn ceiling that I had to scrape. I mean, really? popcorn accoustic in a bathroom???

This is the type of heater that was above the shower/tub

The flushmount light is actually a heater (with a remote!) and the penant light was replaced with a monospot. The wall color was a mistint paint from Lowe's that I am describing as Hot Chocolate ($5!)



I took out the shower doors. I really didn't want to take them out. There was nothing wrong with the doors, other than being gold. In the end the gold proved to be too much and out they came. This is still the old tile, that is a project for later




I installed a new light fixture and framed out the existing mirror. All of the wood was painted a color called Muslin. New faucet for the sink.

Now I would like to talk board and batten. If you have never heard of this, well, now you have. It's similar to beadboard only way easier to do. Some 1x4's and 1x2s is all it took (above the toilet)

I am loving this board and batten treatment on the walls. So easy.

It's so hard to take good bathroom pictures. Here is another picture of the board and batten treatment











2 comments:

  1. Wonderful bathroom designs. They look really cool specially the shower doors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to decide exactly how to use board and batten treatment in our bathroom, and your project is incredibly helpful. Thanks for sharing!

    Erin @ The Great Indoors

    ReplyDelete