Sunday, July 11, 2010

Backyard Oasis

For some reason, I am not a big fan of yellow. I think it started with the yellow kitchen at the Shelburn House. I am still working with a lot of yellow here (the front of the house, garage doors, and sun room) but I can only take it one project at a time.


Below is a before. Yellow walls, red-brown patio, and exposed brick - what could I do?


That is Missy at the door, wanting no part of what I am about to do.



It's just so...blah.




The BEST part = after pics





I find the answer to many decorating dilemmas is paint. I painted the walls two brownish-grey colors from Lowe's called Stone Gray and Clam Shell. I painted the patio and woodwork a color called Bark. I found these awsome mosquito net-like curtains at Walmart (a necessary evil) and made curtain rods out of pvc pipe the previous owners left behind from sprinkler system repairs.



Not a real snake. I knew you were going to ask. I have it out there all the time. It is to get rid of the 1 million birds that lived in the Cypress trees. Yes. 1 million.



A view from under the porch. Do you feel relaxed yet?

I could sit here all day.


Another view from under the porch

Here is the sitting area. I later added a deck box that is not pictured.

The grill. Where the grilling magic happens. Because people, we are in Texas now, we take meat seriously. I also bought a smoker that is not pictured here and was also part of the weekend Josh put all my stuff together

A night view of the patio. I just love it! It turned out so well!





















4 comments:

  1. Love your patio remake!!! It looks so inviting and reminds me of some of the patio's that my wife have spent lazy afternoons on wine tasting. Don't ya just love Wal Mart? They have everything and at such great prices. Also loved that you used the left over PVC pipe for curtain rods, it looks fabulous!!
    Blessings to you and yours Curtis & Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED this makeover. :) I'm going to feature it on Friday for my Weekend Bloggy Reading post. :)

    The curtains (score one for Wal-Mart) really soften the space up. You have such a spacious area for entertaining. Love the view of the pool. :) You did a wonderful job! Visiting from Kimba's DIY Day. My post is from Monday, #64. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, just found your blog and wanted to say that i love what you did with your patio! it looks like a lovely place to chill and hang out, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it. Now I need a pool.. and a patio.. and a grill.. oh and some cute chairs.. crap.

    You just made my life 100% more expensive. ;)

    ReplyDelete